Tips and tricks for hosting an online baby shower so that all your loved ones can be a part of this special moment
Recently, so many of our celebrations have been online; Christmas, weddings, birthdays and even baby showers! Having a 'lockdown baby' was really hard for so many mums-to-be, without the usual support of antenatal classes, or their friends and family.
A virtual baby shower is a great way to celebrate with friends and family when you can't see them in person. Even in normal times, there are often friends who live too far away or even family on the other side of the world who would love to be with you in person but just can't make it.
Now, due to the wonders of technology, your loved ones can help you celebrate your pregnancy from their own homes, whether it's in the same town or a different time zone!
We spoke to Tiffany from Mummy Concierge
Great Tips For a Fun Virtual Baby Shower
- If you are the host, consider sending the mum- or dad-to-be some pretty decorations (streamers, balloons and a banner) for the room that they will be sitting in during the shower. Etsy has tons of great ideas depending on your budget and many can be personalised.
- Be prepared when organising gifts. If invitations are sent at least two or three weeks in advance, gifts can be sent directly to the parent-to-be and can be opened during the shower, so that your guests can watch and see your reaction.
- If you're nervous about organising a shower, contact an event planner who can help you create something unique. Companies such as theoneromance.com arrange incredible virtual baby parties and have some amazing ideas about how to make your baby shower as special as possible
Great Gift Ideas for New Mums
- Give her something she can pack in her hospital bag. I really recommend a beautiful pillow spray that smells divine.
- Consider teaming up with other baby shower guests and buying a lovely cashmere shawl or blanket so that she can snuggle up in it whilst doing the night feeds.
- A consultation with The Mummy Concierge. Whether she is pregnant or a new mum, your friend is bound to have questions about becoming a new mum. A consultation with The Mummy Concierge (which can be done virtually of course) is just £45. I can help her buy all she needs for her baby, explain what to expect, put her in touch with parenting experts and reassure her. What more could a new mum want? themummyconcierge.com
Best Gifts for New Babies
- If you know what the baby’s name will be, a personalised hooded towel from My First Years is a must have and is a great keepsake for a memory box.
- You can never have enough muslins as a new parent, so consider gifting some beautiful styles from Aden+Anais that will add some brightness and fun to her day. They are beautifully soft and have so many uses.
- A Baby Mori Clever Sleeping Bag is not only stylish but will last from when the baby is tiny up to six months. It makes bedtime much easier, as there is no faffing around with blankets and it soon becomes a sleep cue too!