How to fit SnoozeShade for Travel Cots
SnoozeShade for Travel Cots fits ALL standard rectangular travel cots that take a 95cm x 65cm mattress (the cot itself is usually up to 106cm long and 70 cm wide). We've tested it on cots from Graco, Hauck, Joie, Bugaboo Stardust and many many more!
It also fits triangular-style travel cribs eg BabyBjorn Travel Cot Light, Nuna Sena, Guava Lotus, BabyLo, Micralite, Venture, Phil & Teds and more. These models tend to be longer at the base (up to 112cm) but narrower at the top so SnoozeShade for Travel Cots will fit.
If your travel cot takes a 120cm x 60cm mattress, you need SnoozeShade for Cots & Mini Cot Beds instead.
Time is critical when you’re dealing with a tired baby! That’s exactly why SnoozeShade for Travel Cots is designed so it takes just seconds to put on or take off your crib.
Below is a short demonstration video that shows you how to fit your SnoozeShade for Travel Cots. You may also find these top tips handy:
1. Place SnoozeShade over your travel cot, ensuring the section with the top panel is covering the top of your cot. Align the SnoozeShade’s corners with the cot corners and pull the sides down over the frame of your crib.
2. Attach each of the four corner straps tightly and securely around the legs of your travel cot, making sure the Velcro pads overlap to form a loop.
3. Close the top panel using the two-way zip if you want to, or fold it into the integrated pocket to keep it safely tucked away if you’d rather leave it open.
4. Use the window flaps to adjust the light levels inside the cot to suit your child. Cover the windows completely for maximum darkness, or roll up one or both to let more light in, securing with our baby-safe poppers.
When the top panel is closed and the window flaps are down SnoozeShade blocks out 94% of light and blurs distractions, helping your baby fall asleep and stay asleep. Please visit the product page for more information on how SnoozeShade for Travel Cots works.
If you need any personalised advice, the SnoozeShade team is always here to help.
Just message us here and we’ll be in touch. We really want you to get the best out of your SnoozeShade and, honestly, there's no such thing as a silly question. So ask away!
How to use SnoozeShade for Travel Cots: demo video
- All SnoozeShades are machine washable at 30° and can be tumble dried on low heat.
- Before washing or storing your SnoozeShade, be sure to close all zips and attach the Velcro straps to each other to prevent damage to the fabric.
- Do not iron.
SnoozeShade was invented by a British mum, Cara Sayer, who needed a solution to help her baby daughter sleep soundly while they were out of the house. Our scientifically tested fabric is free from chemicals and completely air permeable (which means air passes through it freely), and all our products are tested to and exceed UK, European and US standards. Every component is safe enough for a newborn, including our zips, straps and poppers.
The following information will help ensure you use your SnoozeShade for Travel Cots safely. Please read it carefully:
- Ensure that your travel cot is correctly assembled prior to attaching SnoozeShade.
- Ensure the straps are securely attached to the legs of your travel cot, overlapping the Velcro pads to form a loop.
- Use the top panel to regularly check on your baby.
- If you want to leave the top panel open, store the flap in the pocket provided to keep it safely tucked away.
- Do not use more than one mattress in the cot.
- SnoozeShade should be used with only one child in the cot.
- Always position the cot in a shady, well-ventilated location out of direct sunlight.
- It is the carer’s responsibility to check regularly that baby is well hydrated and comfortable.
- Keep away from fire and other heat sources.
- This is not a toy and must not be used except for its intended purpose as a sleep aid.
- Do not use once your child is able to climb out of the cot.
- Do not leave anything in the cot or place the cot close to another product that could provide a foothold or present danger of suffocation or strangulation such as strings, blind/curtain cords etc.
- Do not use this product with a crib, cradle, bassinet, cot bed, carrycot or any other nursery product other than a travel cot or travel crib.
Using a baby monitor with SnoozeShade for Travel Cots
Safety is at the heart of every SnoozeShade product. If a wired baby monitor is in the cot, it can carry the risk of entrapment or strangulation. Many health professionals also have concerns about using a monitor too close to a baby due to Wi-Fi and electromagnetic radiation levels.
All SnoozeShade products meet the safety standards for a newborn toy, meaning they are safe as they can possibly be. Baby monitors are electrical items and cannot meet the same safety standards, so for that reason, a pocket for a monitor is not incorporated into SnoozeShade for Travel Cots.
Many parents have told us they have found a safe way to use a monitor with their SnoozeShade, but we can't give advice for the reasons above and because we cannot advise on the use of products that are not manufactured by us.
Please always remember that there is no substitution for parental supervision. It goes without saying that if your baby is in a travel cot, you should have them close by and check on them regularly.