SnoozeShade Original Deluxe fitting instructions
Please note that the instructions for SnoozeShade Original Deluxe are exactly the same as for SnoozeShade Original.
The only differences are that the straps attach with poppers on the Deluxe (velcro on the Original) and the level of UV protection for the Deluxe is 97.5% (UPF40+).
Below are a number of short demonstration videos showing how to fit SnoozeShade Original to a variety of different pram and stroller styles.
The videos show SnoozeShade Original being fitted on an umbrella stroller eg Maclaren, forward-facing, parent-facing, on a tandem and a carrycot.
Before you watch the videos, here are our top 4 tips..
You do not need to use ALL the straps. Just what works for you and your stroller. It would be simpler to have fewer longer straps but they would not meet my safety standards (they would be a strangulation and entrapment hazard). I use 6 pairs of shorter straps because it is safer. Sometimes you just need to use two or three pairs and sometimes it’s all six
Before attaching the top straps, push the hood of the buggy back to at least halfway (or pull it forward halfway). This means the shade will sit lower on the front and easier to attach at the bottom.
The straps do NOT have to be attached to the stroller frame. You can attach them to each other around the back of the buggy, to the hood itself (around the hinge) or through any gap you find. Click here to see a short video on how to fit straps in different ways. Remember you may not need to attach them all.
If you are planning on using your SnoozeShade for a special occasion (a holiday or outing) then we suggest that you let your little one get used to it in advance (particularly if they are not used to being covered up). And be prepared, you may find that once you start using it, your child gets used to it and you’ll end up using it a lot more than you anticipated.
SnoozeShade Original is super easy to fit to every type of stroller and buggy but, if you are finding it tricky, please click here to email us.
It's helpful if you send us a photo of where you have got to or just tell us the brand and model of stroller so we can give you personalised advice. There really is no such thing as a silly question so please do get in touch rather than struggle by yourself or think you are doing it wrong.
- All SnoozeShade products can be machine washed at 30 degrees celsius
- Before washing or storing, close all zips and attach velcro straps to each other to prevent damage to the fabric
- SnoozeShade products can be tumble dried at a low heat
- Do NOT iron
Please read carefully before using your SnoozeShade
- Whether you are using SnoozeShade indoors or outdoors please check regularly that your baby is well hydrated and comfortable
- When stationary, even indoors, turn the front of the pram or stroller away from direct sun. Always seek shade wherever possible
- UV rays (including reflected UV rays) will enter the pram or stroller through any open area not covered by SnoozeShade. UV rays are reflected by water, concrete, snow, sand and other surfaces
- SnoozeShade, like any shade product, should always be used with other recommended forms of sun protection such as sun lotions, hats, sunglasses and protective clothing
- Children should not be left unattended in a pram or stroller at any time and should always wear a correctly fitted harness where appropriate
- Check the advice of your own country, or that of the country you are visiting, about local advice on keeping babies and small children safe in the sun, and in hot conditions, as advice may vary.
- General sun safety guidance from around the world suggests keeping your child out of direct sun between 11am and 4pm.
- This product cannot replace responsible adult supervision to prevent sunburn, overheating or dehydration. It is not advisable to use SnoozeShade in strong winds, or heavy rain.