We are very proud of the rigorous testing that all SnoozeShade products are subjected to. It means that each and every SnoozeShade conforms to the strictest of regulations and that you can rest assured you are using a product that is safe, useful and reliable too.
Since conception, the SnoozeShade range has been repeatedly voted as the UK's best pram sun shade, and parents have told us time and again how it has helped their little ones to sleep while they are out and about. This is exactly why it was invented!
So if you are about to invest in a sunshade for your baby, here are some top user tips on getting the most from it. This is our guide on how to use your SnoozeShade!
The different types of SnoozeShade
Your first task is to choose the product that is right for your baby's age. SnoozeShade is available as:
Baby car seat sun shades - For use from birth, this shade fits over your baby's car seat and can be used on group 0/ 0+ car seats. This shade comes as the
- Classic Our Car Seat Canopy protects your baby from up to 99% of the sun's harmful UV rays (UPF50+) and fits most popular infant car seats with a rigid carry handle.
- Deluxe The Car Seat Canopy Deluxe protects baby from up to 97.5% of UV rays (UPF 40+) and also fits all popular baby car seats with a rigid carry handle.
The difference between the Classic and the Deluxe lies mainly in the colour and trim detail. They can both be used in three ways:
- 'Lookout' with a mesh viewing window that blocks 80% of UV rays;
- 'Sleep' has both layers raised and blocks 99% of UV (Classic black) or 97.5% of UV rays (Deluxe)
- 'Open' allows baby and parent to see each other, whilst still providing side protection.
We have a range of pram sunshades and have a quick quiz you can take to see which will suit you and your baby best - click here to take it now
Pram sunshade for babies aged 0 to 6 months
For use from birth, on prams, pushchairs and buggies. There are two models to choose from:
- SnoozeShade Original protects baby from 99% of UV rays (UPF50+) and is approved by the Melanoma International Foundation.
We have a number of short videos showing the different ways you can use SnoozeShade with different styles of prams and buggies.
Click below to see how to use the Original in different ways:
- in parent facing mode click here.
- with a slightly larger pram/ stroller in parent facing mode (a Bugaboo Cameleon is used in the video) click here.
- with an infant car seat in travel system mode click here.
- with a carrycot or bassinet click here.
- with a three wheeler stroller click here.
- on an umbrella stroller (a Maclaren in this video) click here
The Original has an elasticated top so that it can fit to the hood of almost any pram or stroller. It is quick to fit, easy to store and machine washable at 30 degrees. It is also available in two limited edition trim colours - steel grey or pale pink.
- SnoozeShade Original Deluxe can be also be used in 4 ways and protects your baby from 97.5% of UV rays. The difference between the Original Deluxe and the Original is the alternative colour choice of silver fabric with a black trim. It also has poppers rather than velcro to attach the straps.
Buggy sun shades for babies aged 6 months +
SnoozeShade Plus is suitable from birth to approximately 4 years old (or until your little one is out of the stroller) and features a unique two layer protection system which offers protection up to 99% of UV rays (UPF50+). There are large mesh windows on this product which allows baby to see out, and this mode filters 80% of UV rays. In blackout mode the Plus blurs light and visual distractions to help baby sleep even when there are distractions around.
We have short demo videos showing how to use the Plus
- with a larger stroller (a Bugaboo Cameleon) click here
- with an umbrella stroller, click here.
- with a carrycot or bassinet click here.
- SnoozeShade Plus Deluxe protects baby from 97.5 % UV rays and also has a mesh window that shades 80% of UV rays, whilst allowing baby to have a nose at the outside world. This product has the same two layer system as the Plus, but there are a few differences between the two. The Deluxe has:
- silver outer fabric with black trim
- a larger front panel which fully opens to allow easy access to baby
- a front pocket to store shade and snooze panels
- safety certified poppers instead of velcro
- a sleeping baby emblem to discourage others from disturbing baby
Many customers ask what the difference is between the Plus and Plus Deluxe so we have created this simple chart to help you choose the product that suits you best.
For double buggies
If you have a pram that has one single double-width hood and one large base plate that would be difficult to attach to then we recommend using one of our products for double strollers. We have SnoozeShade Twin for 0-6m and SnoozeShade Twin Deluxe for 6m+.
If you have a pram that has two separate hoods then you might find it better to use one SnoozeShade per child. This also works well for tandem prams.
For travel cots, cots and cot beds:
Sometimes a window can't be covered, whether it's at a hotel or at home. Don't worry SnoozeShade has you and your baby on track for sweet dreams.
First, we have SnoozeShade for Travel Cots - it fits all standard rectangular travel cots that take a 95cm x 65cm mattress - and also fit the triangular style travel cribs that tend to be bigger at the base and narrower at the top.
Second, we have the SnoozeShade for Cots. This is a universal (fits all European cots that take a 120cm x 60cm mattress) breathable, portable blackout shade with panels that allow parents to adjust light levels and for easy access to baby. This product will not fit standard cot beds.
Finally, we have SnoozeShade for Cot Beds which fits most popular cotbeds that take a 140cm x 70cm mattress.
All SnoozeShade products are machine washable at 30 degrees and come with a free bag for easy and convenient storage.
Tips for using your SnoozeShade
Once you have decided which SnoozeShade is best for you, please do take a look at the instructions and the videos to help you fit the product properly and get the most out of it each time you use it. It's worth noting that:
- If your baby is already six months+ (or very nosy) we recommend the Plus or Plus Deluxe, as the two layer mesh system will allow for natural curiosity at that age!
- All SnoozeShade products (for car seat and pram/ pushchair) feature a unique 'Sneak a peek' zip which allows you to check on baby whenever you need to, without removing the shade completely. This helps to prevent precious sleep being disturbed!
- All SnoozeShade products are made from a special air-permeable mesh - that means air (hot or cold) moves easily through it. You can literally put this over your face and breathe through it. We recommend dressing your baby in light clothes in hot weather to further aid baby staying as cool as possible.
- Air circulates freely through the SnoozeShade, which means that the environment in the pram is well ventilated - but on very hot, sunny days do try to find as shady a spot as you can - if it's hot outside it will be hot everywhere.
- Always turn your pram away from direct sunlight if no shade can be found, and use your sneak-a-peek zip regularly to check that baby is comfortable.
- Keep baby well hydrated on hot days.
- Use your SnoozeShade alongside sun protection cream (when age appropriate).
- Remove hats at sleep time.
- To check baby's temperature, feel the back of the neck and baby's tummy - if they are cool and moist baby is too hot.
- SnoozeShade cannot make the outer environment cooler, but it does provide valuable shade and protection from UV rays which contribute towards heat stroke more than the ambient temperature.
- NEVER leave baby unattended in a car, especially in hot weather.
Used correctly, your SnoozeShade will allow your little one to sleep well (by blocking out light and visual distractions) and provide essential shade from the sun too.