How to fit SnoozeShade for Cots & Mini Cot Beds
SnoozeShade for Cots & Mini Cot Beds fits ALL standard-size European cots, larger travel cots and mini cot beds that take a mattress up to 120 x 60cm.
Please note: this product does not fit cot beds. A new version designed specifically for cot beds is currently in development and will be available for pre-order around Autumn 2021. Please email us if you'd like to be added to our waiting list.
If you have a smaller travel cot or one of the triangular-style options with a mattress up to 95 x 65cm, you'll find SnoozeShade for Travel Cots a better fit.
Time is critical when you’re dealing with a tired baby! That’s exactly why SnoozeShade for Cots & Mini Cot Beds is designed so it takes just seconds to put on or take off.
Here are our top tips for fitting your SnoozeShade:
- Place your SnoozeShade over your cot, ensuring the section with the large panel is covering the top of your cot.
- Align the SnoozeShade's corners with the cot corners and pull the sides down over the frame of your crib.
- Attach each of the four corner straps tightly and securely around the legs of your travel cot, making sure the Velcro pads overlap to form a loop.
- Close the top panel using the two-way zip if you want to, or fold it into the integrated pocket to keep it safely tucked away if you’d rather leave it open.
- Use the window flaps to adjust the light levels inside the cot to suit your child. Cover the windows completely for maximum darkness, or roll up one or both to let more light in, securing with our baby-safe poppers.
When the top panel is closed and the window flaps are down SnoozeShade blocks out 94% of light and blurs distractions, helping your baby fall asleep and stay asleep. Please visit the product page for more information on how SnoozeShade for Cots & Mini Cot Beds works.
If you need any personalised advice, the SnoozeShade team is always here to help. Just drop us an email and we’ll be in touch. We really want you to get the best out of your SnoozeShade and, honestly, there's no such thing as a silly question. So ask away!
- All SnoozeShades are machine washable at 30° and can be tumble dried on low heat.
- Before washing or storing your SnoozeShade, be sure to close all zips and attach the Velcro straps to each other to prevent damage to the fabric.
- Do not iron.
SnoozeShade was invented by a British mum, Cara Sayer, who needed a solution to help her baby daughter sleep soundly in her pram. Our scientifically tested fabric is free from chemicals and completely air permeable (which means air passes through it freely), and all our products are designed to exceed UK, European and US standards. Every component is safe enough for a newborn, including our zips, straps and poppers.
The following information will help ensure you use your SnoozeShade for Cots & Mini Cot Beds safely. Please read it carefully:
1. Use the top panel to regularly check on your baby.
2. If you want to leave the top panel open, store the flap in the pocket provided and use the poppers to keep it safely tucked away.
3. Ensure the straps are securely attached to the legs of your travel cot, overlapping the Velcro pads to form a loop.